TAKE IT SLOW... AND STEADY!
You have work to do
to improve your functional compatibility ratios.
Here’s the good news - your score indicates that your partnership has great potential. With good communication, compassion and commitment your bond can blossom into healthy functional relationship.
- Good communication - set aside time to discuss troublesome situations. Be honest about what is bothering you. Brainstorm, discuss and together come up with solutions.
If the first problem-solving approach fails, try another. Keeping exploring different solutions until the both of you can resolve issues. No relationship is perfect. The moment you put one problem to restanother one will appear. Constructive dialogue is paramount.
- Compassion - well meaning lovers can stumble. Assuming you lover doesn’t have any mental health, substance abuse or any other serious problems, give them the benefit of the doubt. Forgive and let go of your mates' missteps. Be calm and supportive. Reach for professional help if needed. Empathy is critical
- Commitment - Cultivating a relationship with a right partner comes with challenges. Serious relationships need to be nurtured like a plant to grow. Some relationships might take years to mature.
Here are some ways to grow your relationship over time:
- Provide unconditional love to your mate.
- Keep a sense of humor.
- Admit when you’re wrong, opt out of the blame game.
- Avoid toxic friends/relatives, don’t sweat the small stuff, eliminating negativity.
Bottom line, your short-term and long-term relationship goals should be indistinguishable...keep your relationship strong and your love alive!
STEPS YOU CAN TAKE TO HAVE A BETTER ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIP
I have written three easy-to-read books and have insightful radio snippets about various aspects of love relationships. These materials are filled with nuggets of wisdom guaranteed to enhance your love life. You will learn new ways to woo, wow and keep any worthwhile love relationship.
To learn more, please visit my blogs on relationships.
To your success and happiness,